Cooper Webley is based in sunny Nelson, in the suburb of Tahunanui – just a stones throw from the beach and airport. It’s a great place to live and work with the feel of a big city, but no rush hour or traffic jams. There’s also so much to offer in the region, from great walks and mountain bike tracks to some of the best beaches in New Zealand; and let’s not forget that Abel Tasman National Park is right on our doorstep.
Cooper Webley is a family run business that designs, manufactures and installs residential and commercial joinery from our Nelson premises. We work with many builders and architects to create bespoke joinery nationwide. We also manufacture acoustic Hush Panels for commercial applications throughout New Zealand.
At Cooper Webley, every one of our team is valued and all play an important part in the creation of the high quality joinery we are so well recognised for. We treat each other with the respect we all deserve, and enjoy working with integrity. Our “can do” attitudes ensure a world class job is created each and every time, and being responsible for what we do ensures we always deliver on our promise.
Currently the Cooper Webley team is at capacity, however we are always on the lookout for senior/experienced Joiners as good ones are few and far between. Feel free to drop your CV in to us, we would love to hear from you.
Administration & CAD/CAM Programmer
To keep up with the demand for Cooper Webley joinery and our acoustic panel product – Hush Panels, we require an additional person to join our friendly team. If you are reliable, dependable and are confident using basic computer software, you may well be the person we are looking for!
In this role you will be predominantly detailing CAD/CAM drawings using our Aspan Software, preparing files ready for CNC manufacture. You will show a keen interest to learn and take ownership of this role, which is an important link in our manufacturing chain. You may also be delegated other general duties to keep our factory and offices running smoothly – an example of duties may include (but not limited to) general office administration (setting up jobcards, etc), cleaning, packaging joinery, vehicle checks (wof/rego etc), deliveries/collections etc.
Use Aspan CAD/CAM software to program joinery and produce working files ready for CNC manufacture.
- Problem solve whilst working within the constraints of the project.
- Liasing with clients/architects/suppliers.
- Taking ownership of this position and reaching set performance targets.
- Providing effective and reliable assistance to other staff members.
- Unpacking and storing stock.
- General Office Administration as required.
- General duties as required.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
- Abiding by Cooper Webley Health & Safety procedures.
Full training will be provided in:
- The use of Aspan and other drawing software packages.
- Reading and interpreting joinery plans and specifications.
- Understand joinery construction.
- Producing working CAD / CAM drawings ready for manufacture.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possess good basic mathematical skills.
- Be proficient using basic Windows & Microsoft Office 365.
- Be able to follow processes and logics and “think outside the square”.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail and a focus on getting it right the first time.
- The ability to efficiently plan and organise your time, and work to given timeframes.
- The ability to work unsupervised and to use initiative.
- Take responsibility for your own actions and be able to rise to the challenge of problem-solving.
- A quick mind and strong desire to learn.
- A proactive approach to working as part of a team.
- Be a good timekeeper and arrive at work “on time”, “every time”.
- Be able to follow company Health & Safety Policy.
- A current NZ motor vehicle licence is required.
Expected hours are 7.30m – 4.00pm Monday – Friday (40 hours per week). Other overtime may be offered to suit individual job requirements
Applicants for this position should have permanent NZ residency.
Whilst immediate start is preferred, we are negotiable for the perfect applicant.
Cooper Webley strongly believe in having dedicated and committed employees – where opportunities avail themselves, there may be opportunities to progress your career internally within our company.
Please email CV, attaching a covering letter and copies of other relevant information supporting your application for this vacancy to:
Cooper Webley Ltd
64 Beatty Street, Tahunanui, Nelson 7011.